Bridge Recap Time

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 08:04:36 +1100

Richard, Terry, Tony and list,

Richard wrote;

>I am wondering if this new Kawaii instrument we
>have been hearing so very very much about lately uses back cut material
>for the bridge, and if so what is the official line on this decision.
>Don M ??

I also am wondering! For many years I have been encouraging
manufactures (those I have had a contact with - including Kawai) to
make their bridge caps from accurately quarter cut stock. Most don't
seem to think its worth the trouble. When David Kinney (a local
talented technician) was at Kawai a couple of years ago, he raised
the issue also. His impression was that Kawai believe that a back
(slab) cut bridge is superior to a quarter cut.

I look forward to Don M's report to the list on this matter. Thanks
in advance Don.

Ron O.

--

Website:  http://www.overspianos.com.au