Key Leveling

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:07:19 EST

<<ok..what do you folks like to do a top-notch leveling job?>>

Greetings,
    I like a well-bedded keyframe, plenty of light, and a long key-levelling
stick with a very slight radius across its length.  It spans the entire
keyboard, is made from laminated keytop material on wood,(gift from
Pratt-Read in the mid '70's).  I support the end keys with small screw-jacks,
and usually go as far as using the .002" tissue paper, unless it is a newly
felted keyframe, which isn't worth getting that close, since things will
change that much with the first 20 hours or so of play.
    Using the action is more work than a set of stick-on weights, but gives
good results. Balance rail holes can't be tight,nor the keybushing.
REgards,
Ed Foote RPT