Concert Tuning Info Emergency

Douglasmahard@AOL.COM Douglasmahard@AOL.COM
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 05:54:23 EST

In a message dated 01/26/2001 10:59:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
A440A@AOL.COM writes:

<<
   I agree, but have you ever considered that, for reasons beyond your
control
 that no one but yourself knows, the tuning may be a disaster, and the
 "artist"  will stand up on the stage and after making sure that everyone
 knows who you are, scream that you are the worst mistake he has ever seen
and
 anyone would have to be crazy to even let you near a piano?  End of career,
 reputation in the trash, castigation around every corner and probably a slew
 of lawsuits from the venue promoters that will hound you to the end of your
 life?

 Ed  >>
 Hi Ed,
Has this happened to you?

All the stage managers I have worked with are pretty savy on whether there is
a bogus instrument on stage or not.

Terry, the stage manager is who you want to shake hands with first. Her's/his
attention you need if there is a problem with the piano. They have the final
say on every question dealing with stage. The stage manager is the one to
make the decisions about the instrument and will inform the artist of pending
difficultlies if that is the case.
By all means shake the hand of the artist too, but any problems with the
piano need to be brought to the attention of the stage manager.

Bring ear plugs.

Doug Mahard