Basic SAT III (& VTD) Questions

joegum joegum@webtv.net
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 01:03:34 -0500 (EST)

    Hi Terry.  Thanks again.  I don't own an SAT III.  Some one was
simply showing me how to use his and then offered to lend it to me for a
few days.  I'm actually on the waiting list for the Veritune.
I was interested in seeing if I could get the "eye-hand thing" down
rather than the "ear-hand thing."  I was also curious as to whether or
not the flashing lights would cause so much glare for me that an SAT
would be unusable. (I have cataracts.) BTW, there was  no glare problem
for me.
I thought I might end up buying an SAT  if the Veritune turned out to be
wrong for me.    However, when I heard how much the tenor octaves were
beating when tuned to the machine,  I discontinued practicing and
decided not to borrow it.
Then I remembered that there was this list on the net with the most
kindly, helpful, knowledgeable piano tuners....
-Joe