4-piece Chickering Pinblock

MikeToc440@AOL.COM MikeToc440@AOL.COM
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 01:43:33 EST

List,

I am to give an estimate on replacing the pinblock of a 9' Chickering.  This
is the four-piece, full fit type.  Though I've done a Chickering block once
before, it wasn't my most efficient work.   Do any of you rebuilder-types
have a procedure for this one, or even a few tips?  Should the ledge on each
block section be cut out of one block (using a router table, as I did before)
or should each section be of 2 thinner blocks, fitted, then glued together?
Best block material?  Price of job as a % (multiple) of normal pinblock job?
Thanks in advance,

Michael Tocquigny

MikeToc440@aol.com