bittersweet day

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 08:43:54 -0600

Wim
Sorry to read about you retail closing. I've thought about trying retail =
from time to time to fill the gaps the current dealers can't/won't fill, =
but I've ever had the nerve to try it. My hat's off to you for trying.

Paul Chick

----------Original message---------

  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: Pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2001 12:47 PM
  Subject: bittersweet day

  My friends=20

  Yesterday was a bittersweet day for me. After 7 years in the retail =
business,=20
  I closed my store. Some of you might recall that I moved into a new, =
bigger=20
  store this summer, with great expectation. Unfortunately, the economic =
slow=20
  down took it's toll on my sales. They just didn't happen. So in =
December I=20
  took steps to terminate my lease, and yesterday I moved my office =
stuff to my=20
  basement. I still have a shop in my store, and I have until the end of =

  February to move out of there. I will continue my service end of the=20
  business, ( I have to make money somehow), but the retail store is =
history.=20

  As I said, it is kind of bittersweet moment. Although I enjoyed the =
retail=20
  end of the business, it has been a struggle. I am looking forward to =
taking a=20
  Saturday off once in while, and spending evenings at home.=20

  No need to replay to this post. I just wanted to share this with my =
friends.=20

  Willem=20