uprights: Schlz-Pllmn, M&H, Petrof, Essex...

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:01:47 -0600

>I also asked him what the advantage was for these one-piece backs. He said
>it eliminates potential buzzing sounds because there are no joints. That's
>exactly what the dealer told me. But I figured there'd be a better reason,
>like having a stiffer support which helps keep soundboard crown or
>something. Maybe in the end, it's just cheaper to make them that way.
>
>Charles Neuman

Not soundboard crown, since the back doesn't have anything to do with that,
but it should make for a nice solid stiff stable unitized assembly. If
those cutouts are isosceles right triangles, maybe they're making
boomerangs somewhere.

Ron N