Nicest Home in the Neighborhood

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 19:22:42 -0500

I am constantly facinated by little non-technical things that this business
permits us to be exposed to. Most of which I would not have the opportunity
to experience or observe if not in this business. Once in a while I'll book
an appointment to service a piano in what might be classified as a
"low-income" neighborhood (and often I mean REALLY low-income). These very
often turn out to be some of the most enjoyable experiences.

One thing I have noticed is that when someone books an appointment, and by
the address I KNOW it is in a run down, just-outside-fo-downtown area, when
I go to the job, I really don't need to look for addresses, I just look for
the one house on the block that is nicely painted, has well-kept shrubs,
maybe a nice little fence, etc., i.e., the nicest home in the neighborhood.
I'll maybe double check the address (actually, it may be the only house that
actually has an address on it!) but sure enough, that's it.

Even in the most run-down areas, these homes are beautiful inside. Maybe not
fancy, but so nice and homey. Lovely pictures of weddings, many children,
grandchildren (unfortunately, many of them are on the piano!) - sometimes
dozens of pictures - but all so beautiful.

I just sometimes get a really warm feeling working in a home of love and
doing good things to their piano, because I know they will play it and they
will sing with their family and they will make with it more love.
Woooooowwwwwwwaaaaaaa. This is toooooooo cool. I like my job.  :-)

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com