When-was-it-last-tuned? competition

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 07:57:32 +0000

>How in the world can someone buy a piano and not have it tuned for 30 years?
>
>Terry Farrell

Try this,

I tuned a couple of weeks ago for the widow of a prominent organist.  He
(56) died this fall so she was all very emotional, you know, walking up the
steps that he died on every day, just before Christmas.

Well, it was a little grand, NEVER been tuned, not in 35 years!  He was a
musician, and played a lot.
I had to go over it 4 times just to have it in relative in-tuneness. The
real reason she´s having it tuned is because she´s probably going to sell
it.  She´ll have me regulate and voice it in the spring.

Now that´s sad,

Kristinn

P.S. My record though is a grand for a woman that was once my
"vice-schoolmaster"; 40 years.
She also had a piano, 10 years since that was tuned though.  The grand
pretty much bust and nothing I could do, really, for the money she wanted
to put in it, but she gave me LOTS of candy when I left so that was nice!  :)