Last Hurrah?/ broken strings

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:18:28 EST

Conrad:
I sailed a cape dory on the Chesapeake for a couple of years off the Eastern
shore. They are really fine little boats. They certainly teach you to keep
your wits about you; small boat sailing is best way to learn to sail; big
boats are very forgiving. But lest I allow you to oneup; try sailing on Lake
Michigan anytime! It's one of the most dangerous inland bodies of water in
the world. The wind can go from a nice 10 knot drift to 40 knots screaming
reach in a matter of minutes. It's that black line on the horizon that
worries me. Hmmmm. More on this later.