Hello Seattle

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 11:36:16 -0600

>I happened to have been fighting with....uh....tuning a Baldwin 243 Hamilton
>at the time and I thought that because the pins were so tight I was causing
>the piano to shake so much!  After I let go of my tuning hammer I realized
>it was still shaking.  And then my client, who just happens to be a
>geologist, came out of his office and he brought books and diagrams of what
>was going on.  Very educational experience.
>
>Thanks for asking,
>jeannie

Hi Jeannie,

Wow, I am impressed! Taking a break during an earthquake to do a little
educational reading would almost certainly qualify as hard core. You're my
new hero(ine). Proof at last - tuning Baldwins makes you fearless and
stimulates intellectual curiosity. Joseph took the earthquake opportunity
to observe dynamic responses in the lyre props and structural bracing under
that Steinway, and Del stepped out to eliminate the disruptive floor joist
noises from his contemplation of the amazing range of feline sensory
receptors. I'm pretty sure they have both tuned Baldwins too.

Ron N