Royale Classic

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 23:58:31 -0600

>The soundboard is fitted with the bridge and ribs, and is Oven a crown
>which is important for its resonating capability. Royale Classic piano is
>fitted with a unique soundboard ass' y. Precisely calculated crown, which
>consists of 24 spheres, allows vibration to travel freely along the grain
>to the center. moving more air, there by creating a richer and more lasting
>tonal response.

Hey Ron,
                 With features like this, it makes me want to go back and
work on the sales floor. <G> Not a chance.

But here's a good sales story for you.
A number of years ago I lost a sale to a competitor, because our pianos did
not have the latest patented feature.  "Air Suspension Pin Block".
Some months later I had the chance to look at the piano.  The pin block was
separating from the back assembly almost the full length of the piano.
The customer spotted this in the store, and was told it was open like that
to allow moisture into the block to keep the pins tighter. And with pride,
bragged about it being the very latest in developments.
Both the dealership and mfg are long since out of business.

I was madder than hell at the time, age has mellowed me, now i can look
back with a wry smile.

Roger