upright pedal extenders

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:41:20 -0600

>...reminded me of a weird one I ran into a
>...they had cut the pedal just where it comes out,
>and welded a big peice of brass to make
>an extension downwards...
>...Really uncomfortable having to reach up to play...
>or stretch so far
>down with the foot after adjusting the seat up...
>Richard Brekne

Now that is weird, Richard!  Talk about one unique piano to sit down and play.

Which causes me to remember some of those baby uprights made back in the
1st half of the 1900s'.

Seems like when I go to pull the bench up to them to tune, I can barely get
the thigh of my legs to fit under the keybed, and I'm not very tall or
large.  Just no clearance to speak of at all.

Well, anyhow, thanks for sharing that one of yours.  I enjoyed reading
about it.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731