Thine Hallow Pitche

ILEENKM@AOL.COM ILEENKM@AOL.COM
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:47:50 EST

Hi All!-  several years ago I tuned  for the Stuttgart Symphony  and they
wanted the  piano at A444.  I did it as they asked.  Before the  rehearsal
the director  met  with me. He walked over to the piano and played   the A
octave in the middle of the piano-  that was all he played and he  broke out
in a big smile and said  "oh good you brought it up'. So he  knew  by  the
sound of those A's only- he didn't  listen to  brightness of the thirds etc-
apparently  the  brightness factor  from bringing it up  like that exists
and is   very evident  in the tone color  ot  the  notes.   From then  on I
have never quibbled  about bringing  a piano up when  it is requested(even
though it can be a pain!)    Ileen Kaplan   RPT Southern Tier  Chapter  of NY