Yamaha U2

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 10:24:01 -0500

I tuned a Yamaha U2 (50") upright yesterday. 1973. I had never heard of the
U2 model. Presumably grey market (purchased from Piano Exchange in St. Pete,
Fla.). THREE pedals (I thought ALL pianos made for Japan, in Japan, had two
pedals).

Piano looks, plays, and sounds more like a well-maintained, lightly used, 15
year old Yamaha. She paid $3,000 for it. I think she got a good deal.
Especially from a dealer. Especially from an importer.

Are there many of these U2s around? Curiously, it only had two action
bracket bolt-to-plate thingees at the two far ends of the action - the
action did not bolt/screw to plate anywhere in the middle - only at the
ends.

Did Yamaha have to discontinue the model after Bono filed a copyright
infringement lawsuit?

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida