$450.00 Bass strings???????

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 22:28:22 -0500

Another solution to the problem of poorly copied bass strings sets is
to mount the original and the copied set, alternating, on a steel
rod. That way you can quickly pick out the bum copies, and if you
budget for it (and possibly strike a deal with the string winder)
have him make you replacements for the bums (at a price which you and
he may agree on).

Which is what I'm going to do with this upcoming set for the
Steinert. I'll also find out how the cost of the re-done strings plus
my time to find the bum copies compares to the $8/string set.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter  PTG