Even more pictures of Iceland

Carol R. Beigel crbrpt@bellatlantic.net
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:41:23 -0500

I fixed some of the pictures of Iceland and posted the "shoes".  They are
X-18s, made in Reykjavik, and come in flourescent green and flourescent blue
soles as well!  I did not realize until I arrived home in a snowstorm, that
they are also waterproof and give great traction on ice.  To my knowlege,
nothing quite like them are sold in the U.S.  Makes a memorable impression
on your customers, too!

Once you click on the picture you want to see, click the View icon, then the
box at the top right corner to see the pictures on a full screen.  It seems
no matter how hard I try, I can only get the pictures to appear in the order
I posted them.  The newer pics are at the bottom of the list.

The more memorable things I saw was the color of blue water, whether it be
boiling mud or pools from the power plants, whatever that pretty blue
mineral was, it was everywhere.  Also, the idea of baking bread in milk
cartons in steam holes in the ground was really neat!  And not to forget
that they can make you a pair of eyeglasses in the airport in just 15
minutes!  I bought some small German-made frames and they cut the lenses
from my old glasses to fit the new frames on something that looked like a
desk-top copier!  If you don't have really bad astigmatism, they can make a
new set of lenses on the spot - even bifocals.  They also had some little
things - like a 6 pack of small dot-shaped toothbrushes, compete with no
rinse toothpaste, that are disposable and stick to the end of you finger,
plastic toothpicks and some of the funniest commercials (on the Discovery
Channel, no less!) I have ever seen on TV.  Too bad we Americans are such
prudes we can't enjoy some of the funnier realities of life.  Still having
trouble finding that Braun shaver, though!

Enjoy.

Carol Beigel