gray market piano

Paul Plumb plumb@execulink.com
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 18:33:07 -0500

I read a post from Mark Wisner on the U2 being a gray market piano.  If it
was never sold in the USA new, how is it a gray market piano?  It's just
another used piano.  My definition of gray market is buying new stuff
somewhere and avoiding the normal chanels so it can be sold for less.  But,
you also don't have a warranty.
If a Yamaha piano is purchased new in the USA by someone, then sold to
someone in Canada - the piano is now used and has no warranty anyway.  If I
then buy it for resale is it now a gray market piano by Mark's definition?
If I buy a new Yamaha in the USA as a customer and have it shipped to Canada
is it now a gray market piano and there is no warranty?

Sounds like scare tactics to me.

Paul Plumb