Knabe grand agraffe search

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 20:06:16 -0600

Dear List,

I have just acquired a 1912 Knabe 5'8" grand.  A bi-chord agraffe was
broken.  I have extracted the broken piece and am now ready to put a
replacement in.

However, there is a slight discrepancy with the hole arrangement (where the
strings pass through on the agraffe).  The distance between the holes is
somewhat narrower, and further down from the top on the one I have in stock
than the original Knabe agraffe.

I *can* make the comtemporary agraffe work, but felt it might be worth
checking with you, the Pianotech subscribers, to see if someone had some
spares from perhaps a rebuild or something like that.

The threaded end is 7/32" and just over 3/8" in length.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild