'C' fork users only (inferior 'A' fork users need not apply)

thepianoarts thepianoarts@home.com
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 00:20:42 -0500

Patrick,

    The 'C' fork temperment is far from outdated. Your friends would like to
think they have a superior way. What makes the difference, as others have
suggested, is not where you start, that is, what fork reference you use, but
what you have when you finish.
    The tuning teachers like Jim Coleman, have really helped all of the arul
tuners, by reminding us of the many 'checks and tests' that can help refine
our temperments. For example, as Bill mentioned in his post, the breaking of
the octave into contigous 3 rds. allows the confidence of a reliable
refinment of measurment. Its not guess work.

Dan Reed

Dallas Chapter