Tuning fork users

Larry lbeach@sfu.ca
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 10:36:34 -0800

Folks,

I guess I just a stubborn mule.  I learned with a C fork, even did my exam
using a C fork (I was scared I wouldn't get the A440 right, but it was
right on!) and developed my own pattern starting from the C4.  I like it
because I can widen the F2-C3 interval on poorly scaled pianos right at the
start and base the rest of my temperament on that.  As I said, though, I
would never be able to go to starting with an A fork, even if it means
doing an exam!

If I'm asked to tune to A442 (I haven't been) I will just make the
calculation for C4:  525.63-523.25 = 2.38 beats/sec sharp instead of
442-442 = 2 beats/sec sharp.

Larry Beach, RPT
Vancouver, Canada