(OT) Unwanted sleaze

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 14:57:10 -0700

Don't open this, it is NOT spam, it is a virus and it has been going
around quite a bit.

To block it on Netscape:

1.  Open the "edit" menu on the tool bar.
2.  Click on "Message Filters"
3.  Click on "New"
4.  Where it says "Name" give the filter a name, (snow white would be
good).
5.  Click on "sender" from the pull down menu where it says "subject" and
select "sender".
6.  From the pull down menu that says "contains" select "is".
7.  In the blank box next to this type in the sender's e-mail address.  It
is always the same sender, (I don't remember the address).
8.  Leave the "move to folder" selection alone.  From the next pulldown
menu (it probably says "inbox", change it to "trash".

When the e-mail comes in it should now automatically be dumped.  As a
precautionary measure you could also create a second filter for the
"subject" line.  You could also create a third for "contains".  One or
another other or all should make the messages go bye bye.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV