Grey Market Pianos? (OT)

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 07:41:06 -0500

I could be wrong, but I believe the earth's shape deviation from that of a
sphere is a bulge in the middle (greater diameter at equator) rather than
egg-shaped (larger on south half).

Terry Farrell, P.G.
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conrad Hoffsommer" <hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 6:29 AM
Subject: Re: Grey Market Pianos? (OT)

Graeme,
At 21:21 03/07/2001 +1300, you wrote:

>One advantage though ...... being on the underside of the world makes
pianos
>lighter for moving.(less gravity) LOL.
>
>Graeme Harvey
>New Plymouth
>New Zealand

I hate to burst your inverted bubble, but I seem to recall from geology
classes that, owing to earth's ovoid (vs:spheroid) shape and the southern
hemisphere actually being larger than the northern, the gravitational
constant is larger in your neighborhood.

The folks in Singapore [1° N] should have it the easiest - everything
slides sideways, right??  I do recall that it was easy to slide out of the
Raffles after a few slings...;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(319)-387-1204  //  Fax (319)-387-1076(Dept.office)

Education is the best defense against the media.