future of the acoustic piano

Thu, 08 Mar 2001 05:37:50 -0600

Richard,
At 10:37 03/08/2001 +0100, you wrote:

  5,  (and this is in the end the killer) you can have basically any concert
>piano in any concert hall in the world for less money then it costs to buy a
>cheapo piece of bonified acoustic junk (read lowest end of market piano)
>available.
>
>This is what sales folks will be telling Martha and Bill on the street...
>and as
>soon as enough of them believe that sales pitch.... we'sa in trouble
>boss...grin.

Ain't it funny how they never mention that, when the toaster breaks down
5-10 years from now, repair parts will be unavailable.  You think maybe
they are looking forward to another sale at that time??  Duh...

Ain't it funny how they never mention that that concert piano (read: most
real pianos) can be maintained for generations, or that when PG&E turns off
the power in California, the acoustic piano is still playable...

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(319)-387-1204  //  Fax (319)-387-1076(Dept.office)

Education is the best defense against the media.