key leads

David Love davidlovepianos@hotmail.com
Thu, 08 Mar 2001 15:55:38 -0000

I'm working on an old Hazelton grand and somebody previously removed one key
lead from every note through the piano.  The action is now too heavy and my
intention is to replace the missing lead.  Seems simple.  But the lead that
was removed is an odd size.  The diameter of the hole is 9/16".  Supply
houses that I know provide either a 1/2" or 5/8" lead.  Anybody know where I
can get the midsize.  The additional weight offered by a lead of this size
would also be desirable.

David Love