future of the acoustic piano

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 23:00:29 -0800 (PST)

One thing I forgot to mention is that I like the idea
of fitting acoustic pianos with electronic/digital
piano components.  You get the new technology AND keep
the "real" piano.  I could see that it might be
expensive.  When I restore my Ricca & Son player piano
(player was taken out before I was born), I would like
to put an electronic player in it (forget off the top
of my head which brands I would consider, but it would
be like in the Yamahas, or I THINK Wurlitzer/Baldwin
had a player system.) and parts from an electronic
keybaord, like a Yamaha PSR-9000.  Not to mention a PC
in the bottom, with a flat-panel display where the old
roll player part went.   (I would not be using a roll
player system.  It would be CD-RW probably or whatever
is in the modern player systems.