Oh, the endless routine!

istuner@islandia.is istuner@islandia.is
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 11:24:19 +0000 (GMT+00:00)

> Hi Baoli,
>
> Thank you so very much.
>
> Getting notes from my friends is a wonderful birthday present.
>
> Thank you.
>
> 		Newton

Greetings from Frankfurt!

Happy birthday Dino!

I´m having a great time, but oh, these gala dinners held by Bösendorfer and
Samick can be so tedious.  Nothing but food and wine and and cakes and people
like Klaus Fenner, Frau Seiler, Herr Blüthner... you know, small fries all of
them!  My time is being wasted.. NOT!  Bösendorfer introduced a new grand 280
cm long, and they changed the action so that the jack hits the knuckle at an
angle 5 degrees from what it used to, giving a better leverage, I suppose.  I
haven´t looked carefully at this, but the touch is very nice.  The keyboard is
tapered towards the treble.  They plan to make these changes to ALL their grand
actions after about six months.

Best regards,

Herr Kristinn Leifssohn
Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland

P.S. I´m going to Copenhagen/Malmö tomorrow to meet Linda aus Schweden.