Player Piano Unit (was:Re: future of the acoustic piano)

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Fri, 09 Mar 2001 07:22:44 -0500

There is another product you could have considered had not the player unit
been removed is the PowerRoll. http://www.powerroll.com/

This is made by Larry Broadmore and has electronic valves which interface
with a pneumatic player system.  It can either be temporarily mounted on the
tracker bar or installed in-line between the tracker bar and player valves.
This
way midi files operate your pneumatic player.

When I get around to rebuilding an Ampico upright in the corner of the shop,
this will be added in-line.

QRS has Pianomation which someone on the MMD has mentioned retrofitting
into an a former player with better playing results than the under-the-key
installation.
An amusing ditty is to be found here:
http://www.qrsmusic.com/music/Rolls/palm_beach_pokey.htm

Regards,