treatment for arthritis/hand pain

Robert Lynch blynch@mail.arc.nasa.gov
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:19:38 -0800

Hi, I'm a flight attendant from UAL and a lot of us have carpal tunnel
syndrome from repetitive motion. I don't know if you've seen a orthopedic or
not but the simplest remedy is resting them and taking ibuprofen. When you
start into the more serious stuff it just escalates what will and won' t so
the longer you can put off the better.
 By the way UAL was forced to change the equipment we used on the airplane
so we would not continue to get wrist and hand pain. How does a piano tuner
change their hand???Good Luck!
    -----Original Message-----
    From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of pianolover 88
    Sent: Friday, March 09, 2001 9:30 PM
    To: pianotech@ptg.org
    Subject: treatment for arthritis/hand pain

    Lately my tuning hand is feeling some pain, especially in the 3rd & 4th
knucke joint. I've had this before and it usually dissapates within a few
days of the onset. Not sure of the cause, and since i'm only in my early
40's, I'm hoping it's not arthritis. But I was wondering if anyone has ever
tried ''glucosamine and/or chondroitin ", and experienced pain relief. I may
have to even resort to cortisone shots, but in the meantime, I'll drink
green tea, and cut back to just 3 tunings per day. Oh, I also hear fish oil
is helpful. What are your most effective hand pain remedies?

    Terry Peterson
    Precision Piano Service
    Torrance, CA