key leads

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 22:43:27 EST

In a message dated 3/10/2001 9:32:08 PM Central Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@hotmail.com writes:

<< Dear Inquisitors: >>

Huh? Is this medieval Spain? Anyway David, someone alrealy alluded to this,
but if you have any kind of small pressing devise handy (even a vise will
do), you can compress 1/2"ers to give you enough dimension to get close to a
tight enough fit before you do the final tap. You can also size the lead with
a fine copper wire wrap very tightly wound halfway toward the top of the lead
(its widest end). (come to think of it, that's halfway in either direction
isn't it) While I don't recommend adhesives, you can also size the hole a
bit; I wouldn't do anything that creates a permanent bond.
PR-J