key leads !! (supplemental)

David Love davidlovepianos@hotmail.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 05:14:49 -0000

Keith:

One other thing that needed to be kept in mind in this job is that the
customer really did not want to spend any more than absolutely necessary to
"improve" the problems, and there were many others that also needed
addressing.  Key tops needed to be replaced, key bushings were worn or
missing, back check leather needed to be replaced, hammers needed filing,
not to mention the piano hadn't been tuned for 20 years.  So concerning
myself with the general design of the action, or even a gram or two in the
touchweight was not of primary importance.  Sometimes we can't work for
large miracles, a bunch of small ones will do.

David Love