What do you tell... + a true story

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 04:27:10 -0600

>...Thanks, I feel better.
>Kent Swafford

That's good, Kent   :-)

Granted, the story I related was an exceptional situation, but nonetheless,
not remote, and a clear reinforced signal for *me* to continue
re-evaluating my approach to piano service.

I should add that I have been a wannabe hero one to many times, going into
areas I felt an improvement could be made, where none was really needed,
only to find out later via other communication channels, I ruined the piano
for the customer.

Not big stuff mind you, but seemingly insignificant changes that I thought
at the time would be truly appreciated by the customers.  Looking back now,
I realize how easily the little stuff was indeed monumental in their eyes.

There are several instances where I truly wish I had left some pianos well
enough alone, and if it were possible, I would undo the marks left in these
pianos and their owners' minds.

Of course, I won't be allowed to do that ... they won't have me in their
lives again.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731