Level of Service

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 07:09:33 -0500

Friends,

One thing I have trouble figuring out is how closely do the client's
expectations for service line up with my own.  For example, one client feels
you are not doing a good job if the piano isn't kept perfectly regulated and
cleaned every time, while another will say, "Well, we're not professionals" if
I want to repair a broken hammer shank in octave seven.

I've wondered if I should ask each client what level of service they want,
maybe the first time I see the piano.  Does anyone do that?

Regards, Clyde