Level of Service

Mitch Ruth mitch_ruth@hotmail.com
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:08:14 -0500

It seems to me that one of the main parts of service is communication wit=
h the customer.  My "initial visit" fee is figured to include a pitch rai=
sing and puttering with sticking keys and loose action parts.  When a new=
 customer calls me, I say "The initial visit costs this much and for your=
 money I will do this and this and this and this.  If your piano needs mo=
re work I will discuss it with you before I do it."  I always try to ask =
if there are any other problems with the instrument.  If I get there and =
I find a well maintained piano without any problems I can always finish t=
he job within an hour and charge a lesser fee.  (Then I AM a hero).

Discussing the instrument's problems with the customer is part of the job=
 and has to be done.  Of course there will be times when the customer jus=
t lets you to your own devices and you must determine what level of servi=
ce you will provide.  That's why I keep reading this list, the more you k=
now the more confident you will be in providing a simple repair.  If you =
are too busy to spend some time with the customer discussing what he/she =
needs or wants....cool, that's a good problem to have.  But you ought to =
try to remedy it.

Mitch Ruth
DeMossville, KY<br clear=3Dall><hr>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer=
p>