Pinblock Plugging; was: deep plug cutters

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:19:23 -0600

Hi Terry,
              I'm with you, water thin epoxy applied to both surfaces,I use
a piece of dowel to drive the plug into place.I also tape the bottom of the
hole and make two thin cut lines on the side of the plug to lower the
hydraulic effect of pushing all the epoxy out with the plug.   I also warm
the epoxy it runs  thinner.
I have sucessfully repaired some separated bass sections of some blocks in
this manner.
Warning the customer that the long term fix is a new block. Just love those
predecessors that tapped pins with out support.
Roger