6'10" report//Re: Should he buy Young Chang?

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:03:11 -0500

I service a new Pramberger 6'10" grand for wonderful church hall.
The hall has Ottawa's finest pipe organ, and acousticly is a great
concert location; dome shaped with varied contours and alcoves.
Many musicians are evaluating the instrument and it is getting
great reviews.

   It required normal minor regulation, seating strings, a little string
levelling.  I tamed a few aliquot segments that were particularly
excited.(probably they were relatively close to a common pitch
to sympathize with). The center pinning on these often has to
be redone out of the box. We have been getting 12-18 swings
on new flanges. Does not take long. The dealer should take care
of all such quality control before delivery. If it is preped well
it is very fine instrument, and a good buy for the money.

I like this instrument allot, and find it a great improvement over some
predecessors. The house musician runs a music festival, and has
experience with many brands of pianos. He likes the tone very much.

I find they are using a softer, lighter hammer then they use to,
a welcome change.

                                             Dave Renaud
                                             RPT
                                             Ottawa