pianotech-digest V2001 #330

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:26:56 -0800

From: Joe Garrett
If you use the "Tenon cutter" It will make a plug slightly smaller than it's
designated size, ie 3/4" will be more like .720" rather than .750".
Conversely, if you use a 3/4" forstner or brad point bit to drill the
"female" hole, it will be slightly oversized. ie. 3/4" brad point will drill
a hole approx. .795". Hope this clarifies that.
As to use of glues: there are only two that are appropriate. (1) Weldwood
Plastic Resin Glue.  (2) two part waterproof type glues, aka Resorcinols.
Everyone should be aware that Epoxy is not an ADhesive substance, but rather
a COhesive substance. Unless an epoxy is specifally made for bonding WOOD,
do not use it, for that purpose, (unless you like failures down the road).
Hope this helps you, (an others).
Regards, Joe Garrett-Oregon