Baldwin key bushing removal

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:34:22 -0600

Mark,

<<Don't know what the gummy stuff is, but I would try vinegar first.  Then
a solvent like acetone or lac. thinner.  Then one of the citrus cleaners
- it's supposed to be good on gummy stuff.  I also have heard of, but
never used, a product called "de-gloo" or something like that (de-goo?),
which sounds precisely like what you need.  You might check at a good
hardware or woodworker's store.>>

Thanks for the reply. I thought about vinegar last night, and will try it
today first. Had also thought about (carefully)  trying acetone. If neither
of these do it, I'll try the citrus cleaner or lacquer thinner.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com