Teflon centers

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:20:17 -0600

>... My  questions: What is actually happening to the bushing to cause this
>and    Short of an action rebuild, Do I repin every  center, and if so
>what happens when we go back to higher humidity . Thanks for  your

Tom, List,

There was a excellent discussion sometime in the last six months concerning
what happens to the wood expanding/contracting in relation to the teflon
bushing when exposed to high/low humidity situations.  Something like that.
Does anyone remember the thread title, please?

It would probably assist in answering Tom's question.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild