tunertuner

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:21:48 -0600

It happened again.
Today, for the third time in the last two years, I tuned a part time
tuner's piano for him. I was working at one of my colleges, and ran into
the guy. I hadn't seen him for a while, and we got to talking. He asked me
if I'd come over and see if I could tell him why his piano was making these
awful noises. I did - flat soundboard, no bearing, hard worn out hammers
making it sound even worse. I brushed the hammers up a little and made it
sound somewhat less bad. While I was there, he asked if I would go ahead
and tune it (great). Now it sounds less bad and in better tune than it was
yesterday.

I'm not sure I get it. Maybe if I call someone to come tune my piano, I'll
figure it out. Weird, but basically harmless.

Errata: On this day, exactly 14 years from now, the date will reflect the
ratio between the circumference of a circle and it's enclosed area (if you
ignore the century). Watch for it.

Ron N