Pinblock Plugs

Meyer Carl cmpiano@home.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:25:03 -0800

Mr. Yardarm Sir!

Thanks for the info about the liquid wood.  I've seen boxes labeled "Fragile
Liquid".  Now I didn't know liquid was fragile, but I do handle those boxes
with respect.  Now I learn that wood is liquid.  Wow!  What you can learn on
the internet.

My interest was kindled because I've used epotec 301 to restore pinblocks by
filling the pin holes and redrilling.  Its expensive.  About 30 dollars a
pound.  It's viscosity is 100 centistokes.  That's thin.  Now my questions
are:

Is it a two part epoxy?
Will it harden into a solid block?
What is it's pot life?
What is its cure time?
What does thixotropic mean?
The dictionary says "the property of certain gels and emulsions of becoming
fluid when agitated and then setting again when left at rest."

I looked at their website and didn't find these specs.  I could always buy a
sample and try it or ask them for specs.

Sounds like interesting stuff.

BTW  Shelf life is another thing.  I have epoxy that has been kicking around
for
years.  Most of the time I find they're okay.  I think the manufacturers use
1 year to PTA.

Thanks for the info Paul.

Carl Meyer