Re. Piano pickups/7'&9' Struts

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:40:07 -0600

> I can recall many instances where the struts had been removed and got Lost!
> That strut is installed into the piano for a reason. Remove and pay the
> consequences! I personally was glad when those pickups went out of favor
> w/musicians. Darn, what goes around, comes around.
> regards, Joe garrett

Hi Joe,
Nobody else bit, so it looks like it's my turn. What the heck, I'll ask. What
might this reason be, and what are the expected consequences for arbitrary
strutectomy? Since there seem to be so many strut deleted pianos out there that
haven't exhibited any overtly catastrophical symptoms as a result of being de
strutted, I'm wondering what the official expected Karma payback is for the
offense.

Ron N