Randy Potter School Students and Alumni

euphoniac@juno.com euphoniac@juno.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:34:15 -0500

I have just begun studying the temperament chapter in the course and I
need some help.  I understand that I need to be able to hear the beat
rates for the intervals as I tune, BUT as a professional musician, I have
never had to listen to beat rates.  I only needed to learn to play in
tune with others.  So. . . what did you do to sharpen your skills with
the beat rates?  Any help would be appreciated.

If any listers want to send me tips, I'd appreciate that as well.

Sincerely,

Don Palmire
Euphonium
The U.S. Army Band ("Pershing's Own"), Washington, D.C.
euphoniac@juno.com