Lecturing

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 19:35:23 +0100

Well folks... made my debut today as a university lecturer. 2
hours in front of a few piano majors trying to teach them some
things they should know about the instrument they are planning to
make a living on. I have never stood up in front of any group of
people to teach anything before, and I can tell you it was quite
unnerving... that is until I actuallly started talking. I coulda
easily used an hour more for what I wanted to get accross today.
And it was quite obvious from the get go that a whole semester
course could easily be constructed on this subject matter.

Anyways.. its an experience I would recommend to one and all.
Its amazing what you can find out about something when you have
to prepare to teach someone else about it. And its educational to
try and share that with others... lets you know a whole bunch
about what holes there are in your own knowledge...

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.