Improving Projection..

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:48:58 -0500

Hi Richard,

I am under the impression that the piano is quite new and

> The hammers are probably as hard as the tile floor, and I will inspect them
> at my next tuning (ie: the next time they complain about the piano).

from the original post.  THe above alone tells me why there is no
projection.  I have no direct experience with this make or model but I
still know the type and if it were in my stock of piano at the
university I would replace he hammers in a heartbeat to prevent string
breakage and to prevent the kids from getting tone "restricted".

I have worked with this type of hammer in performance venues and find
that often it is far more work to voice them down, if at all possible,
than to replace them, if I can get the funds from the "owner".

Yeah, I know those little bastards all too well.

Still, you do make good points.

		Newton