Improving Projection..

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:54:52 -0600

Hi Rook,
              When the hammers are like glass, the tone tends to be harsh
and in your face at the piano but it does not carry. Needle or steam them
down, the sustain will go up quite a bit, and the harmonic spectrum will
fatten out.  This will give you a little more projection.
Tighten up the let off, and increase the blow distance and dip can also
help. ( That action will work just fine at 1 7/8" blow .040dip. It will
leave you with about .020" after touch)
Check the hammer flange pinning 4-5 swings.  Any more and you lose projection.
Bigger piano would be the ideal solution.
Regards Roger.