Baldwin key bushing removal

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:40:22 -0600

> (I use the
>Bushmaster and Spurlock cauls, although I am thinking about getting the
>brass cauls from Pianotek. They look as if they would work better. Any
>negative opinion out there?)
>
>John Formsma

No negative opinion here. I'm still using a set of aluminum cauls I made
before the brass ones were available, and a couple of sets of brass of
different sizes that I bought later. I bush with hot hide glue, and one of
the things I like about the brass (or aluminum) cauls is that I can heat
them up with a heat gun just after I finish the set, and when I take them
out in the morning, the bushings are pressed and ironed smooth and nicely
fitted. Normally, the only easing I have to do is chipping out the
occasional overly ambitious (sloppy) rock hard glue squeeze out at the
bottom of the bushing. I like them.

Ron N