Baldwin key bushing removal

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:33:32 -0600

Ron N.,

<<I haven't a clue. I've always gotten by well enough with one of those
cheap
little disposable artist brushes, which probably explains why I have to
chip glue squeeze out from the bottom of the bushing. If anyone's got a
better way, I'd be interested too.>>

Not sure what the brushes are called, but Pianotek sells them by the dozen.
What I did was cut away some of the bristles to make the remaining brush the
size of the mortise, and thin enough to fit well. I have reused the brush
several times. Worked well, but I imagine there is a better way.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com