Storage of Hide Glue?!

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:48:26 -0600

Joe,

<<Once hide glue has been mixed with water, it is good for no more than 72
hours. After that, THROW IT OUT! The stuff is cheap and using used glue like
that will only foster failures! I've done a lot of research into "hide
glues". If you'd like to know the specifics, you know where I am.>>

I've used the same batch of hot hide glue several times over the course of
several months for different bushing jobs, and have noticed no lessening of
holding power. Is what you wrote only for joints that are critical, and not
applicable for bushing work?

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com