Don Palmire/Beats

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:36:22 -0800

Hey guys & gals,   =20
Methinks you're all missing the gist of his question. I percieve the =
question as his inability to focus or single out the specific =
frequencies needed to ascertain the proper beats to be listening to. =
Having gone through this problem, let me explain.
A musician listens to the entire spectrum of the sound pallet when =
playing music, (it's how we musicians get our proverbial jollies). Piano =
technicians narrow their listening scope to just the frequencies that =
are relevant to what we are doing at the time. It can be difficult to =
change the way we hear, especially if we,ve been doing one way for a =
very long time! Don's address should have been the clue. I suspect he =
has been with the Band for a very long time, is getting ready to retire =
and is setting himself up to start a New carreer. I wish him the best on =
his endeavor. It will be more difficult for a "long-timer" like him. I =
know, I changed after a long carreer in music.
Regards,=20
Joe Garrett